CHOCOLATE SALAMI LOG
200g x dark chocolate, chopped
85g x unsalted butter
70g x white sugar
2 tbsp x brown sugar
1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
170g x digestive biscuits crushed
2 tbsp x icing sugar
1/2 tsp x vanilla extract
30ml x dark rum (can be omitted if made for children)
1 cup x mixed nuts
1. Mix chocolate and butter in a pot and melt it over another pot of boiling water.
2. In a bowl, mix vanilla extract, sugar, brown sugar, egg and yolk. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Stirring frequently, continue to cook until sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth (about 4-5 minutes). It should be hot to touch. Remove from heat.
3. Add crushed cookies, rum and chopped nuts to the chocolate mixture and stir with spatula until well combined. Leave to cool and thicken slightly.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll it up to form two logs. Twist the ends tightly and leave in a fridge overnight.
5. Unwrap the logs and coat with powdered sugar. You can tie them like a real salami with string (there are plenty of instructions on Youtube) or just leave it unstrung. Cut into slices and serve. Enjoy!
6. Chocolate salami log can be stored well wrapped in a fridge for up to 1 week or for up to 1 month in a freezer.