We’re sharing our best music tips:
• Normally, couples planning their wedding decide between a DJ or a live band. How about both? Grand celebrations call for grand music and a live band suiting the theme of your wedding will add a touch of class. The DJ can take over later and play a variety of music to get all of your guests onto the dance floor.
• Book your DJ as soon as possible as they are often booked up a year in advance.
• Consider volume levels throughout the night with background music blending in during cocktails and the main meal and when it’s time to open up the dance floor, turn it up!
• Because weddings often consist of quite a mixed crowd of old and young guests, your music should be a mix between old and new as well, that way everyone gets a chance to dance.
• Don’t forget to check the noise restrictions at your reception venue to make sure it accommodates for a DJ or live band.
• Some popular wedding reception songs include: Brown Eyed Girl and Crazy Love by Van Morrison, Dancing Queen by Abba, Hey Ya byOutkast, DJ Casper’s Cha Cha Slide, Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen, I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas and, Whitney Houston’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody.