Autumn was made for lazy afternoons spent soaking up the warm sun before we all go into hibernation for winter. It’s a time to embrace the vibrant rust and burnt orange colours, the brisk mornings, and hearty comfort foods.
When entertaining in Autumn, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Here are our top Autumn entertaining tips:
- Prepare a seasonal menu - Think farm style pot pie, wood fired lime and ginger braised beef cheeks, and roasted marinated winter heirloom veggies and butter leaves with pear crisps. For dessert we love a decadent apple and chocolate bread and butter pudding with hazel nut custard
- Incorporate Autumn into your decor - Reflect the bounty of Autumn with floral arrangements that include seasonal vegetables and herbs like chard, beets, and artichokes.
- Keep guests cosy - Have blankets available for guests to cosy into if you are hosting your meal on a particularly cold day.
- Opt for a casual dining style - Autumn entertaining is perfect for casual, family-style serving.
- A parting gift - As each guest leaves the party, send them home with a thermos filled with warm cider.
And if you’re not the entertaining type, leave it all to us! Join us for our Farm-to-Table and enjoy an afternoon under the trees, treated to a scrumptious farm-style lunch created by the talented Forum chefs, using the freshest locally farmed ingredients and made with love.
Children will be spoilt with delicious kiddies fare and will be entertained with pony rides and games. Vegetarians are welcome.
Date: Sunday, 22 May 2016
Address: White Light, Rem Portion 17 | Farm 534 | Nooitgedacht
Pine Valley Road | Lanseria
Situated in Lanseria off the Elandsdrift road. GPS Coordinates -25.970552, 27.910843
Time: 13:00 pm
Price: Adults (14+) R420
8-13 years old R180 (eat from the adult buffet)
4-7 years old R80 (eat from the adult buffet)
Book via webtickets or contact Hazel on 011 492 38 88 / email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few more of our favourite autumn decor ideas: